Feb 28, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
This is a blast from the past. Two years ago we posted about Tim Lincecum’s landlord suing him, claiming he did over $200,000 damage to his Mission District apartment between May 2010 and February 2011. It also said that he squatted in the place for three months after the lease was up, refusing to leave. At the time the landlord’s lawyer said “My belief is there was some kind of party that left it in really bad condition. Maybe there’s a perfectly good explanation on his side, but we haven’t heard it yet.”
I can’t imagine Tim Lincecum partying, can you? That thing on the table must be some weird kind of glass candle or some such:
Anyway, the suit is apparently still winding through court, with Linceucm fighting to have the suit heard in arbitration but the landlord wanting a proper trial. The landlord, the San Francisco Chronicle reports, has won that battle.
Dude: you make over $20 million a year. Consider settling this thing. You don’t want your dirty laundry and/or bong water aired in court, do you?
I’m off to Scottsdale to Giants camp this morning. Perhaps he’ll take my advice on that if he feels like talking.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT(Edit)
And no, I don’t say that just because Adam Wainwright has been lost for the season due to an injury sustained while hitting.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT(Edit)
Jose Abreu, one might say, is good at hitting baseballs.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT(Edit)
Max Scherzer made an argument for bringing the DH to the National League.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT(Edit)
Alex Rodriguez hit his 659th career home run on Sunday night against the Mets, leaving him one shy of tying Willie Mays.
Apr 26, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT(Edit)
Alex Gordon made an exceptional catch to help Edinson Volquez in Sunday’s game against the White Sox.
Apr 26, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT(Edit)
Steve Bartman, is that you?
Apr 26, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT(Edit)
The Orioles set a club record for runs scored and the Red Sox starting rotation continues to falter.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:58 PM EDT(Edit)
Two important Dodgers are now on the shelf.
Apr 26, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT(Edit)
Scherzer jammed his right thumb during an at-bat Thursday afternoon against the Cardinals. It doesn’t sound like a serious injury, but the $210 million right-hander isn’t going to be rushed back.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT(Edit)
Dodgers right-hander Brandon McCarthy called for a trainer immediately after serving up a three-run homer to Padres slugger Justin Upton in the bottom of the sixth inning Saturday night at Petco Park.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT(Edit)
It was a long, tense Saturday night at Baltimore’s Camden Yards, where the home team needed extra innings to beat the Red Sox inside the park and thousands of protesters angry over the death of Freddie Gray made their presence felt outside.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:24 AM EDT(Edit)
The official word — for now — from the Cardinals is that ace right-hander Adam Wainwright left his start Saturday night against the Brewers because of a “left ankle injury.” But watch the video for yourself …
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (270)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)