Mar 1, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
He’s still unlikely to be ready for Opening Day, but Brian McCann felt healthy enough to take batting practice yesterday for the first time since undergoing shoulder surgery in October.
McCann reported no issues and told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that “it was nice to get back in there and see something coming at you.”
Throwing may prove to be a bigger issue than hitting for McCann, but the Braves catcher has been making tosses from 120 feet every other day. Bowman writes that mid-April is the current target for his return, but there’s no official timetable yet and based on some of the previous reports that sounds fairly optimistic.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)