Mar 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
Grant Balfour returned to the mound with a bullpen session today just two weeks after undergoing surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
That’s ahead of schedule and Casey Pratt of CSNBayArea.com reports that the A’s seem optimistic about Balfour’s chances of returning to game action before the initial 4-6 week timetable. In other words, the A’s closer might be on the active roster for Opening Day.
Before that happens he’ll have to avoid any setbacks while facing live hitters in batting practice, but so far so good.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)