Mar 1, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
UPDATE: Good news, as Cruz checked out fine and has been cleared to resume baseball activities.
Nelson Cruz left Rangers camp this morning and went to the hospital after experiencing “discomfort” in his chest.
Ron Matejko of ESPN Dallas reports that team doctors initially diagnosed Cruz with a muscle strain before sending him to the hospital, with assistant general manager Thad Levine saying: “We want to make sure we can rule things out before we define what it is.”
Cruz was named in the Biogenesis clinic records shortly before arriving at Rangers camp and is slated to play for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic beginning next week.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)