Mar 1, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Brian Cashman said yesterday that the Yankees made “a significant offer” to Robinson Cano recently, so today reporters naturally asked the second baseman about it and he said … nothing.
“I’m going to say the same thing that I said the other day, I’m just focused on playing baseball,” Cano said, via Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. “I’m going to let [agent] Scott [Boras] and the Yankees discuss that. I’m not an agent. I’m just going to focus on playing baseball.”
Fair enough, and it’s also worth noting that Cashman hasn’t exactly been outspoken about the negotiations except for a few brief quotes. When asked specifically if he rejected the “significant offer” Cashman mentioned, Cano declined to comment.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)