Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus League.
The Brewers will likely reevaluate him on Sunday.
Ramirez, 34, batted .300/.360/.540 with 50 doubles, 27 home runs and 105 RBI in 149 games last season after inking a three-year, $36 million free agent contract over the winter. Jeff Bianchi and Taylor Green will get reps at the hot corner for now.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 2
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 56
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 9
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games