Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus League.
The Brewers will likely reevaluate him on Sunday.
Ramirez, 34, batted .300/.360/.540 with 50 doubles, 27 home runs and 105 RBI in 149 games last season after inking a three-year, $36 million free agent contract over the winter. Jeff Bianchi and Taylor Green will get reps at the hot corner for now.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)