Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus League.
The Brewers will likely reevaluate him on Sunday.
Ramirez, 34, batted .300/.360/.540 with 50 doubles, 27 home runs and 105 RBI in 149 games last season after inking a three-year, $36 million free agent contract over the winter. Jeff Bianchi and Taylor Green will get reps at the hot corner for now.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)