Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus League.
The Brewers will likely reevaluate him on Sunday.
Ramirez, 34, batted .300/.360/.540 with 50 doubles, 27 home runs and 105 RBI in 149 games last season after inking a three-year, $36 million free agent contract over the winter. Jeff Bianchi and Taylor Green will get reps at the hot corner for now.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 41
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)