Mar 2, 2013, 4:47 PM EDT
Ramirez suffered the injury while hustling to second base on a bloop double down the left field line. It was his first hit so far in this year’s Cactus League.
The Brewers will likely reevaluate him on Sunday.
Ramirez, 34, batted .300/.360/.540 with 50 doubles, 27 home runs and 105 RBI in 149 games last season after inking a three-year, $36 million free agent contract over the winter. Jeff Bianchi and Taylor Green will get reps at the hot corner for now.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69