Mar 2, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Starlin Castro tweaked his left hamstring Wednesday and still felt bad enough yesterday that the Cubs sent him for an MRI exam, with the results showing what the team called “minor” inflammation.
Manager Dale Sveum doesn’t seem very worried, telling Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune:
It showed a little something. They said if you did an MRI on everybody’s hamstring it’d show the same thing. Just a minor, little inflammation in that spot.
I’m guessing that’s probably a stretch, but Sveum is hopeful that Castro can return in a week or so. Whatever the case, after playing all 162 games last season Castro’s status for Opening Day isn’t in question.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)