Mar 2, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
Starlin Castro tweaked his left hamstring Wednesday and still felt bad enough yesterday that the Cubs sent him for an MRI exam, with the results showing what the team called “minor” inflammation.
Manager Dale Sveum doesn’t seem very worried, telling Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune:
It showed a little something. They said if you did an MRI on everybody’s hamstring it’d show the same thing. Just a minor, little inflammation in that spot.
I’m guessing that’s probably a stretch, but Sveum is hopeful that Castro can return in a week or so. Whatever the case, after playing all 162 games last season Castro’s status for Opening Day isn’t in question.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 2
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)