Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
The Mets will be without David Wright for the next couple of weeks as he plays for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. But fear not, Mets fans. Longtime team P.R. man Jay Horwitz is ready to fill the void at third base. In fact, here’s a picture of him in a full uniform, complete with Wright’s patented tongue waggle.
Can’t even tell them apart. By the way, Horwitz joined Twitter about a month ago and has quickly become a must-follow for his amusing anecdotes and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Great stuff.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)