Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
The Mets will be without David Wright for the next couple of weeks as he plays for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. But fear not, Mets fans. Longtime team P.R. man Jay Horwitz is ready to fill the void at third base. In fact, here’s a picture of him in a full uniform, complete with Wright’s patented tongue waggle.
Can’t even tell them apart. By the way, Horwitz joined Twitter about a month ago and has quickly become a must-follow for his amusing anecdotes and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Great stuff.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles