Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
The Mets will be without David Wright for the next couple of weeks as he plays for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. But fear not, Mets fans. Longtime team P.R. man Jay Horwitz is ready to fill the void at third base. In fact, here’s a picture of him in a full uniform, complete with Wright’s patented tongue waggle.
Can’t even tell them apart. By the way, Horwitz joined Twitter about a month ago and has quickly become a must-follow for his amusing anecdotes and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Great stuff.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 13
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 50
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)