Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
The Mets will be without David Wright for the next couple of weeks as he plays for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. But fear not, Mets fans. Longtime team P.R. man Jay Horwitz is ready to fill the void at third base. In fact, here’s a picture of him in a full uniform, complete with Wright’s patented tongue waggle.
Can’t even tell them apart. By the way, Horwitz joined Twitter about a month ago and has quickly become a must-follow for his amusing anecdotes and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Great stuff.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)