Mar 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
The Mets will be without David Wright for the next couple of weeks as he plays for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic. But fear not, Mets fans. Longtime team P.R. man Jay Horwitz is ready to fill the void at third base. In fact, here’s a picture of him in a full uniform, complete with Wright’s patented tongue waggle.
Can’t even tell them apart. By the way, Horwitz joined Twitter about a month ago and has quickly become a must-follow for his amusing anecdotes and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Great stuff.
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 38
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 89
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)