Mar 2, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
While Jon Heyman, for one, is playing this up as a sort of an annual event, this is the first time in his career that Lincecum has ever needed to be scratched due to a blister. The only previous time he’s admitted to a blister issue was after Game 1 of the NLDS in 2010, and he pitched through it then. Of course, he may well have done the same today had it been a regular-season start. Lincecum said he planned to play catch today and miss only the one outing.
So, if you see Lincecum in the grocery store loading up on pickles this week, don’t simply assume it’s because he has the munchies. He probably just wants the brine.
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 0
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 28
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)