Mar 2, 2013, 12:41 PM EDT
While Jon Heyman, for one, is playing this up as a sort of an annual event, this is the first time in his career that Lincecum has ever needed to be scratched due to a blister. The only previous time he’s admitted to a blister issue was after Game 1 of the NLDS in 2010, and he pitched through it then. Of course, he may well have done the same today had it been a regular-season start. Lincecum said he planned to play catch today and miss only the one outing.
So, if you see Lincecum in the grocery store loading up on pickles this week, don’t simply assume it’s because he has the munchies. He probably just wants the brine.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 163
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 31
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)