Mar 2, 2013, 12:41 PM EST
While Jon Heyman, for one, is playing this up as a sort of an annual event, this is the first time in his career that Lincecum has ever needed to be scratched due to a blister. The only previous time he’s admitted to a blister issue was after Game 1 of the NLDS in 2010, and he pitched through it then. Of course, he may well have done the same today had it been a regular-season start. Lincecum said he planned to play catch today and miss only the one outing.
So, if you see Lincecum in the grocery store loading up on pickles this week, don’t simply assume it’s because he has the munchies. He probably just wants the brine.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)