Mar 3, 2013, 9:35 AM EST
But he came out completely unscathed. George A. King III of the New York Post tells the story:
Ichiro was headed south in his Land Rover on a Tampa highway around 4 p.m. when he hit Linda Trange Le, who failed to yield the right of way when making a left hand turn in front of Ichiro, according to Tampa police.
“He struck her,” Tampa Lt. Ronald McMullen told The Post. “She ended up hitting a third car, but there were no injuries.”
“He is fine,’’ added Yankees general manager Brian Cashman. “His interpreter called to let us know.’’
Ichiro played in Saturday’s Grapefruit League game against the Tigers so he was going to be off for today’s game against the Red Sox no matter what. He can use that time to heal from any aches he might develop.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)