Mar 3, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
But that estimate was about nine days off.
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that Santana made light tosses from a mound on Sunday morning in Mets camp. He clearly wasn’t throwing his hardest and the catcher receiving those throws squatted a few feet in front of home plate. But it has to be considered some sort of progress for the lefty.
Santana intentionally scheduled a light offseason workload and has been playing catch-up for the past few weeks in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Jonathan Niese may have to start on Opening Day in his place.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (119)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights