Mar 3, 2013, 11:37 AM EDT
But that estimate was about nine days off.
ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin reports that Santana made light tosses from a mound on Sunday morning in Mets camp. He clearly wasn’t throwing his hardest and the catcher receiving those throws squatted a few feet in front of home plate. But it has to be considered some sort of progress for the lefty.
Santana intentionally scheduled a light offseason workload and has been playing catch-up for the past few weeks in Port St. Lucie, Florida. Jonathan Niese may have to start on Opening Day in his place.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)