Mar 3, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
Will Ohman, who pitched the sixth inning today, was cut before the game ended. Tough day at the office.
The Nationals had signed Will Ohman to a Minor League deal with an invitation to Major League camp on February 11. He made his only appearance of the spring this afternoon against the Cardinals, allowing two hits and two walks in one inning of work. The 35-year-old spent the last two seasons with the Chicago White Sox, posting an aggregate 4.95 ERA in 80 innings.
With a surfeit of lefties in camp, including Zach Duke, the Nationals felt they had seen all they needed to see with Ohman after a single inning. Tough day, indeed.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)