Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM EST
Marcum was shelled for three earned runs in two innings on February 23 in his spring debut against the Nationals. He will hope for far better results when he returns to the mound this week and will probably try to go three frames if his shoulder is cooperating.
The 31-year-old right-hander signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with New York this winter. He posted a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings with the Brewers last season while battling multiple arm injuries.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)