Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Marcum was shelled for three earned runs in two innings on February 23 in his spring debut against the Nationals. He will hope for far better results when he returns to the mound this week and will probably try to go three frames if his shoulder is cooperating.
The 31-year-old right-hander signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with New York this winter. He posted a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings with the Brewers last season while battling multiple arm injuries.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)