Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Marcum was shelled for three earned runs in two innings on February 23 in his spring debut against the Nationals. He will hope for far better results when he returns to the mound this week and will probably try to go three frames if his shoulder is cooperating.
The 31-year-old right-hander signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with New York this winter. He posted a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings with the Brewers last season while battling multiple arm injuries.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)