Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Marcum was shelled for three earned runs in two innings on February 23 in his spring debut against the Nationals. He will hope for far better results when he returns to the mound this week and will probably try to go three frames if his shoulder is cooperating.
The 31-year-old right-hander signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with New York this winter. He posted a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings with the Brewers last season while battling multiple arm injuries.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)