Mar 3, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Marcum was shelled for three earned runs in two innings on February 23 in his spring debut against the Nationals. He will hope for far better results when he returns to the mound this week and will probably try to go three frames if his shoulder is cooperating.
The 31-year-old right-hander signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with New York this winter. He posted a 3.70 ERA in 124 innings with the Brewers last season while battling multiple arm injuries.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)