Mar 4, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Via out new MotorSportsTalk, news that Angels starter C.J. Wilson has wins in two sports now:
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pitcher and two-time MLB All-Star C.J. Wilson can now call himself a winning team owner in Grand-Am road racing.
C.J. Wilson Racing’s driving tandem of Stevan McAleer and Marc Miller took their No. 5 Mazda MX-5 to a Street Tuner class victory in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series race this weekend at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
I know nothing about racing so I’m not sure what half of those words mean — if it’s “Grand-Am” racing, why aren’t they all in old Pontiacs? — but you should go read MotorSportsTalk if that sort of thing floats your boat.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 68
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 37
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)