Mar 4, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Via out new MotorSportsTalk, news that Angels starter C.J. Wilson has wins in two sports now:
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim pitcher and two-time MLB All-Star C.J. Wilson can now call himself a winning team owner in Grand-Am road racing.
C.J. Wilson Racing’s driving tandem of Stevan McAleer and Marc Miller took their No. 5 Mazda MX-5 to a Street Tuner class victory in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Series race this weekend at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.
I know nothing about racing so I’m not sure what half of those words mean — if it’s “Grand-Am” racing, why aren’t they all in old Pontiacs? — but you should go read MotorSportsTalk if that sort of thing floats your boat.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 29
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)