Mar 4, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Cody Ross was sent for an MRI today regarding a left calf issue which has bothered him over the past few days. He was scratched from the lineup Friday and got the day off Saturday before returning yesterday, but he had to make an early exit after three innings because of continued discomfort.
While Ross is calling it a calf issue, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic notes that the team has classified it as “lower left leg tightness.” Either way, there will likely be more clarity on his status tomorrow.
Ross landed a three-year, $26 million deal with the Diamondbacks over the winter after batting .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS with the Red Sox last season. He’ll be tasked with replacing Justin Upton in right field.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 73
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)