Mar 4, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Cody Ross was sent for an MRI today regarding a left calf issue which has bothered him over the past few days. He was scratched from the lineup Friday and got the day off Saturday before returning yesterday, but he had to make an early exit after three innings because of continued discomfort.
While Ross is calling it a calf issue, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic notes that the team has classified it as “lower left leg tightness.” Either way, there will likely be more clarity on his status tomorrow.
Ross landed a three-year, $26 million deal with the Diamondbacks over the winter after batting .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS with the Red Sox last season. He’ll be tasked with replacing Justin Upton in right field.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 49
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 47
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months