Mar 4, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Cody Ross was sent for an MRI today regarding a left calf issue which has bothered him over the past few days. He was scratched from the lineup Friday and got the day off Saturday before returning yesterday, but he had to make an early exit after three innings because of continued discomfort.
While Ross is calling it a calf issue, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic notes that the team has classified it as “lower left leg tightness.” Either way, there will likely be more clarity on his status tomorrow.
Ross landed a three-year, $26 million deal with the Diamondbacks over the winter after batting .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS with the Red Sox last season. He’ll be tasked with replacing Justin Upton in right field.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 22
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 10
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 100
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (101)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)