Mar 4, 2013, 11:34 PM EST
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Cody Ross was sent for an MRI today regarding a left calf issue which has bothered him over the past few days. He was scratched from the lineup Friday and got the day off Saturday before returning yesterday, but he had to make an early exit after three innings because of continued discomfort.
While Ross is calling it a calf issue, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic notes that the team has classified it as “lower left leg tightness.” Either way, there will likely be more clarity on his status tomorrow.
Ross landed a three-year, $26 million deal with the Diamondbacks over the winter after batting .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS with the Red Sox last season. He’ll be tasked with replacing Justin Upton in right field.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)