Mar 4, 2013, 11:34 PM EDT
According to Steve Gilbert of MLB.com, Cody Ross was sent for an MRI today regarding a left calf issue which has bothered him over the past few days. He was scratched from the lineup Friday and got the day off Saturday before returning yesterday, but he had to make an early exit after three innings because of continued discomfort.
While Ross is calling it a calf issue, Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic notes that the team has classified it as “lower left leg tightness.” Either way, there will likely be more clarity on his status tomorrow.
Ross landed a three-year, $26 million deal with the Diamondbacks over the winter after batting .267/.326/.481 with 22 home runs, 81 RBI and an .807 OPS with the Red Sox last season. He’ll be tasked with replacing Justin Upton in right field.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)