Mar 4, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
In layman’s terms that’s a hip injury, whereas an oblique injury sidelined Crain for a while last season. Crain is in the final season of a three-year, $13 million contract and during the first two years he threw 113 innings with a 2.54 ERA as a setup man.
While part of the Twins organization he pitched for Canada in both 2006 and 2009 . Team Canada has its first game Friday versus Italy.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)