Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
That’s good news, bad news for Reds fans. On one hand the fact that Votto feels strong enough physically to play in some exhibition games in early March is a very positive sign in his recovery. On the other hand they’re still exhibition games and if not for the WBC he might have continued taking things a little easier in Reds camp for at least a bit longer.
Votto told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that he got support on the decision from various Reds brass, including CEO Bob Castellini.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)