Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
That’s good news, bad news for Reds fans. On one hand the fact that Votto feels strong enough physically to play in some exhibition games in early March is a very positive sign in his recovery. On the other hand they’re still exhibition games and if not for the WBC he might have continued taking things a little easier in Reds camp for at least a bit longer.
Votto told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that he got support on the decision from various Reds brass, including CEO Bob Castellini.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)