Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
That’s good news, bad news for Reds fans. On one hand the fact that Votto feels strong enough physically to play in some exhibition games in early March is a very positive sign in his recovery. On the other hand they’re still exhibition games and if not for the WBC he might have continued taking things a little easier in Reds camp for at least a bit longer.
Votto told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that he got support on the decision from various Reds brass, including CEO Bob Castellini.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 121
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 40
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (123)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)