Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
That’s good news, bad news for Reds fans. On one hand the fact that Votto feels strong enough physically to play in some exhibition games in early March is a very positive sign in his recovery. On the other hand they’re still exhibition games and if not for the WBC he might have continued taking things a little easier in Reds camp for at least a bit longer.
Votto told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that he got support on the decision from various Reds brass, including CEO Bob Castellini.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins