Mar 4, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
That’s good news, bad news for Reds fans. On one hand the fact that Votto feels strong enough physically to play in some exhibition games in early March is a very positive sign in his recovery. On the other hand they’re still exhibition games and if not for the WBC he might have continued taking things a little easier in Reds camp for at least a bit longer.
Votto told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that he got support on the decision from various Reds brass, including CEO Bob Castellini.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)