Mar 4, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Assuming all continues to go well with Chad Billingsley‘s elbow, the Dodgers figure to explore possible trades for Aaron Harang and Chris Capuano, who both project to begin the season in the bullpen. With that in mind, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Brewers and Orioles had scouts in attendance today as Harang threw three scoreless innings in a minor league game.
No word on whether the Brewers and Orioles are currently involved in negotiations with the Dodgers, but it’s not surprising to see either club in the mix. The Brewers have Yovani Gallardo heading their rotation, but Marco Estrada, Wily Peralta, Mark Rogers and Mike Fiers don’t have of a track record and Chris Narveson is working back from shoulder surgery. Meanwhile, the Orioles are similarly relying on multiple pitchers with relatively little major league experience. There are also questions about Jair Jurrjens‘ health and whether Miguel Gonzalez‘s small sample of success from last year is legitimate.
Harang, 34, posted a 3.61 ERA and 131/85 K/BB ratio over 179 2/3 innings last season. He is owed $7 million this season while his $7 million mutual option for 2014 includes a $2 million buyout.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)