Mar 4, 2013, 7:58 PM EDT
Assuming all continues to go well with Chad Billingsley‘s elbow, the Dodgers figure to explore possible trades for Aaron Harang and Chris Capuano, who both project to begin the season in the bullpen. With that in mind, Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that the Brewers and Orioles had scouts in attendance today as Harang threw three scoreless innings in a minor league game.
No word on whether the Brewers and Orioles are currently involved in negotiations with the Dodgers, but it’s not surprising to see either club in the mix. The Brewers have Yovani Gallardo heading their rotation, but Marco Estrada, Wily Peralta, Mark Rogers and Mike Fiers don’t have of a track record and Chris Narveson is working back from shoulder surgery. Meanwhile, the Orioles are similarly relying on multiple pitchers with relatively little major league experience. There are also questions about Jair Jurrjens‘ health and whether Miguel Gonzalez‘s small sample of success from last year is legitimate.
Harang, 34, posted a 3.61 ERA and 131/85 K/BB ratio over 179 2/3 innings last season. He is owed $7 million this season while his $7 million mutual option for 2014 includes a $2 million buyout.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)