Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 21
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 19
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (80)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)