Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 45
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 133
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (135)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)