Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (216)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)