Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 64
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 30
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)