Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)