Mar 4, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Kyle Lohse remains unsigned and the assumption seems to be that his asking price must be dirt cheap at this point, but as with the ultimately incorrect assumptions about Rafael Soriano and Michael Bourn agent Scott Boras clearly has other ideas.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com spoke to someone with a team that’s been in contact with Boras about Lohse and says they’re still asking for a three-year contract and a “big” annual salary.
Obviously that doesn’t mean they’ll get those demands or even that there are any teams currently considering the idea, but Boras managed to get $28 million for Soriano and $48 million for Bourn when their leverage seemed minimal at best.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)