Mar 4, 2013, 3:03 PM EDT
You may not think just under $5 million is any kind of a bargain, but it is 25,000 square feet, so your money really is going a long, bloated, way:
Sited on a prime 2-acre lot with world class views, Jones’ home is described in the listing as “The ULTIMATE in LUXURY.” In most cases, this type of hyperbole would be brushed off as just your run-of-the-mill broker babble. However, when you consider the sheer size of Jones’ home (it’s huge; has 9 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms) and it’s laundry list of fine features (indoor basketball court, elevator, indoor resistance pool, sauna, indoor batting cage, double waterfall, etc.), it’s quite clear this home is in a class of its own, or as the listing chimes, “For the buyer who wants the BEST of everything.”
Thing is, it used to be a lean and efficient house but it ballooned up to its current size over several years beginning in the mid-2000s.
No word on how much you’d have to pay to get all of the Andruw Jones-ness out of it before move-in, because that would definitely be needed.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)