Mar 5, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
As of last week Albert Pujols was telling reporters that he didn’t plan to see any game action until mid-March as he comes back from knee surgery, but the Angels’ lineup has Pujols at designated hitter today.
You guys needed something to write, so I gave you something for you guys to write. Obviously, it’s great to be in the lineup. I want to try to get some at-bats and get ready for the season.
Pujols did tell Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that he’s not at 100 percent yet, but feels fine running because it doesn’t matter if he’s at less than 100 percent on the bases in a spring training game.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)