Mar 5, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
As of last week Albert Pujols was telling reporters that he didn’t plan to see any game action until mid-March as he comes back from knee surgery, but the Angels’ lineup has Pujols at designated hitter today.
You guys needed something to write, so I gave you something for you guys to write. Obviously, it’s great to be in the lineup. I want to try to get some at-bats and get ready for the season.
Pujols did tell Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com that he’s not at 100 percent yet, but feels fine running because it doesn’t matter if he’s at less than 100 percent on the bases in a spring training game.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)