Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Brett Anderson got the start here in Phoenix today. While I don’t usually go down to the clubhouse to interview the starting pitcher during these games, I decided to today.
Anderson talked about his progression this spring, and he said that he probably has four starts left, though he wasn’t totally sure. Then this exchange took place between him and a reporter:
Reporter: So just working up to the beginning of the season?
Anderson: Yeah. When does the season start again?
Reporter: April 1.
Reporter [reminding Anderson that he's been named the Opening Day starter]: That’s your day.
Anderson: That is my day. I guess I should know that.
Spring training exhibitions against the Italian national team. They’re FAN-tastic.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)