Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Brett Anderson got the start here in Phoenix today. While I don’t usually go down to the clubhouse to interview the starting pitcher during these games, I decided to today.
Anderson talked about his progression this spring, and he said that he probably has four starts left, though he wasn’t totally sure. Then this exchange took place between him and a reporter:
Reporter: So just working up to the beginning of the season?
Anderson: Yeah. When does the season start again?
Reporter: April 1.
Reporter [reminding Anderson that he's been named the Opening Day starter]: That’s your day.
Anderson: That is my day. I guess I should know that.
Spring training exhibitions against the Italian national team. They’re FAN-tastic.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 0
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 6
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 58
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 23
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)