Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Brett Anderson got the start here in Phoenix today. While I don’t usually go down to the clubhouse to interview the starting pitcher during these games, I decided to today.
Anderson talked about his progression this spring, and he said that he probably has four starts left, though he wasn’t totally sure. Then this exchange took place between him and a reporter:
Reporter: So just working up to the beginning of the season?
Anderson: Yeah. When does the season start again?
Reporter: April 1.
Reporter [reminding Anderson that he's been named the Opening Day starter]: That’s your day.
Anderson: That is my day. I guess I should know that.
Spring training exhibitions against the Italian national team. They’re FAN-tastic.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39