Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
Brett Anderson got the start here in Phoenix today. While I don’t usually go down to the clubhouse to interview the starting pitcher during these games, I decided to today.
Anderson talked about his progression this spring, and he said that he probably has four starts left, though he wasn’t totally sure. Then this exchange took place between him and a reporter:
Reporter: So just working up to the beginning of the season?
Anderson: Yeah. When does the season start again?
Reporter: April 1.
Reporter [reminding Anderson that he’s been named the Opening Day starter]: That’s your day.
Anderson: That is my day. I guess I should know that.
Spring training exhibitions against the Italian national team. They’re FAN-tastic.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (94)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)