Mar 5, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Brett Anderson got the start here in Phoenix today. While I don’t usually go down to the clubhouse to interview the starting pitcher during these games, I decided to today.
Anderson talked about his progression this spring, and he said that he probably has four starts left, though he wasn’t totally sure. Then this exchange took place between him and a reporter:
Reporter: So just working up to the beginning of the season?
Anderson: Yeah. When does the season start again?
Reporter: April 1.
Reporter [reminding Anderson that he's been named the Opening Day starter]: That’s your day.
Anderson: That is my day. I guess I should know that.
Spring training exhibitions against the Italian national team. They’re FAN-tastic.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 48
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 89
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (89)