Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Kyle Lohse is still unsigned and agent Scott Boras is still trying to land him a three-year contract for big money, but in the meantime the free agent right-hander is staying in pitching shape in Arizona.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Lohse “has been working on a normal spring training schedule and is facing college hitters in simulated games.”
That’s smart, because if/when Lohse does sign somewhere he wouldn’t have much time to build up arm strength for the regular season. This way he’ll basically be ready to step into a rotation without pitch count limitations.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)