Mar 5, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Kyle Lohse is still unsigned and agent Scott Boras is still trying to land him a three-year contract for big money, but in the meantime the free agent right-hander is staying in pitching shape in Arizona.
Jeff Wilson of the Forth Worth Star Telegram reports that Lohse “has been working on a normal spring training schedule and is facing college hitters in simulated games.”
That’s smart, because if/when Lohse does sign somewhere he wouldn’t have much time to build up arm strength for the regular season. This way he’ll basically be ready to step into a rotation without pitch count limitations.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)