Mar 5, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Team USA rallied late Tuesday to salvage a 4-4 tie in its exhibition game with the White Sox in Arizona.
Derek Holland started and allowed one run in three innings for Team USA. The White Sox added one run in the fourth off Luke Gregerson and two in the fifth off Tim Collins before the rest of Team USA’s relievers shut them down. Glen Perkins, Steve Cishek, Mitchell Boggs and even Heath Bell reeled off the scoreless innings.
The White Sox started Gavin Floyd today, and he pitched 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out three. Paul Konerko, who is being talked about as a possibility to replace Teixeira on Team USA’s roster, went 3-for-3 as the White Sox’s designated hitter.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights