Mar 5, 2013, 6:29 PM EDT
Team USA rallied late Tuesday to salvage a 4-4 tie in its exhibition game with the White Sox in Arizona.
Derek Holland started and allowed one run in three innings for Team USA. The White Sox added one run in the fourth off Luke Gregerson and two in the fifth off Tim Collins before the rest of Team USA’s relievers shut them down. Glen Perkins, Steve Cishek, Mitchell Boggs and even Heath Bell reeled off the scoreless innings.
The White Sox started Gavin Floyd today, and he pitched 2 2/3 scoreless innings, striking out three. Paul Konerko, who is being talked about as a possibility to replace Teixeira on Team USA’s roster, went 3-for-3 as the White Sox’s designated hitter.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)