Mar 5, 2013, 8:40 AM EDT
Matthew posted about Rick Porcello’s excellent outing yesterday and about how scouts from several teams took it on the assumption that Porcello is trade bait. One team at least is doing more than watching:
The Texas Rangers, still trying to determine a No. 5 starter for their rotation, inquired Monday about Detroit Tigers right-hander Rick Porcello, a source told ESPNNewYork.com’s Adam Rubin.
With Martin Perez breaking his arm over the weekend and uncertainty on the back end of their rotation, the Rangers could use a guy like Porcello. And Porcello, one figures, could use a better set of infielders behind him in order to take advantage of his sinking stuff. For their part the Tigers could use relief help.
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 26
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 21
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)