Mar 5, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes has the story:
White Sox pitcher Chris Sale confirmed Tuesday his representatives have had discussions with the club about a contract extension.
“We’ve been kind of back and forth but nothing too crazy right now,” Sale told reporters on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old lefty isn’t eligible for arbitration until next winter, so it’s far from imperative that something gets done before start of the 2013 regular season.
Sale posted a superb 3.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 192 strikeouts across 192 innings in 2012 — his first full season as a starter. He had a 2.79 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 79 strikeouts in 71 innings as a reliever in 2011.
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 9
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)