Mar 5, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
CSNChicago.com’s Dan Hayes has the story:
White Sox pitcher Chris Sale confirmed Tuesday his representatives have had discussions with the club about a contract extension.
“We’ve been kind of back and forth but nothing too crazy right now,” Sale told reporters on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old lefty isn’t eligible for arbitration until next winter, so it’s far from imperative that something gets done before start of the 2013 regular season.
Sale posted a superb 3.05 ERA, 1.14 WHIP and 192 strikeouts across 192 innings in 2012 — his first full season as a starter. He had a 2.79 ERA, 1.11 WHIP and 79 strikeouts in 71 innings as a reliever in 2011.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)