Mar 5, 2013, 9:34 PM EDT
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that Yankees outfield prospect Adonis Garcia has been diagnosed with a broken left wrist and will have surgery on Thursday. He suffered the injury Sunday while taking batting practice in Tampa.
It’s not clear how long the 27-year-old will be out.
Garcia, a Cuban defector, signed for $400,000 last spring and went on to bat .263/.311/.424 with five home runs in 57 games between High-A Tampa and Double-A Trenton. He was 4-for-10 (.400) with a walk, two runs and an RBI in this year’s Grapefruit League.
Garcia will probably report back to Double-A Trenton once he is recovered from this injury.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)