Mar 6, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young has dropped enough pounds to collect his $600,000 in weigh-in incentives, but his recovery from ankle surgery will keep him out of the Phillies’ lineup until at least mid-April.
General manager Ruben Amaro Jr. delivered that news to reporters today while also saying that Young will play exclusively right field once he does return. Young hasn’t played an inning in right field since 2007 with the Rays, which should add to his usual adventures defensively.
Of course, as Amaro told David Murphy of the Philadelphia Daily News: “He’s not a good left fielder, and he doesn’t want to play there.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)