Mar 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Mejia headed to New York to undergo further testing and the Mets aren’t revealing any details, with manager Terry Collins claiming he hasn’t even been made aware of the specifics.
Mejia arrived late to camp because he was stuck in the Dominican Republic during an identity investigation and then got knocked around for five runs in his spring training debut. He tossed 16 innings for the Mets last season at age 23, but is unlikely to crack the Opening Day roster.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)