Mar 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Mejia headed to New York to undergo further testing and the Mets aren’t revealing any details, with manager Terry Collins claiming he hasn’t even been made aware of the specifics.
Mejia arrived late to camp because he was stuck in the Dominican Republic during an identity investigation and then got knocked around for five runs in his spring training debut. He tossed 16 innings for the Mets last season at age 23, but is unlikely to crack the Opening Day roster.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 48
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 40
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)