Mar 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mejia headed to New York to undergo further testing and the Mets aren’t revealing any details, with manager Terry Collins claiming he hasn’t even been made aware of the specifics.
Mejia arrived late to camp because he was stuck in the Dominican Republic during an identity investigation and then got knocked around for five runs in his spring training debut. He tossed 16 innings for the Mets last season at age 23, but is unlikely to crack the Opening Day roster.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 76
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)