Mar 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mejia headed to New York to undergo further testing and the Mets aren’t revealing any details, with manager Terry Collins claiming he hasn’t even been made aware of the specifics.
Mejia arrived late to camp because he was stuck in the Dominican Republic during an identity investigation and then got knocked around for five runs in his spring training debut. He tossed 16 innings for the Mets last season at age 23, but is unlikely to crack the Opening Day roster.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)