Mar 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Mejia headed to New York to undergo further testing and the Mets aren’t revealing any details, with manager Terry Collins claiming he hasn’t even been made aware of the specifics.
Mejia arrived late to camp because he was stuck in the Dominican Republic during an identity investigation and then got knocked around for five runs in his spring training debut. He tossed 16 innings for the Mets last season at age 23, but is unlikely to crack the Opening Day roster.
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 1
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 34
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)