Mar 6, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
The Red Sox are currently holding tryouts for the vacant Fenway Park public address announcer job, and Jensen Millar, younger brother of Kevin, is taking his turn at the mic for the team’s spring training game today.
Jensen is one of the finalists to replace the late Carl Beane, who was killed in a car accident last May.
The family connection might work in Jensen’s favor. Kevin Millar, who currently works for MLB Network, played three seasons in Boston and hit .297 with 18 homers and 74 RBI as the Red Sox ended their world championship drought in 2004.
CSNNE.com’s Maureen Mullen points out that Jensen has been at this goal for a while; he originally won a Dream Job contest to broadcast a Ft. Myers Miracle game in 2004.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 50
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72