Mar 6, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Amid the news that Mark Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with a strained tendon in his right wrist, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged late this afternoon that the alternatives in the corner infield market aren’t particularly strong. And he did so in an interesting way.
That’s a pretty sick burn, especially for folks like Aubrey Huff and Carlos Lee, who are still looking for jobs. Hey, at least Cashman can blame the pain medication from his broken fibula/ankle earlier this week.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)