Mar 6, 2013, 8:09 PM EST
Amid the news that Mark Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with a strained tendon in his right wrist, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged late this afternoon that the alternatives in the corner infield market aren’t particularly strong. And he did so in an interesting way.
That’s a pretty sick burn, especially for folks like Aubrey Huff and Carlos Lee, who are still looking for jobs. Hey, at least Cashman can blame the pain medication from his broken fibula/ankle earlier this week.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 15
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 23
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 79
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)