Mar 6, 2013, 8:09 PM EST
Amid the news that Mark Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with a strained tendon in his right wrist, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged late this afternoon that the alternatives in the corner infield market aren’t particularly strong. And he did so in an interesting way.
That’s a pretty sick burn, especially for folks like Aubrey Huff and Carlos Lee, who are still looking for jobs. Hey, at least Cashman can blame the pain medication from his broken fibula/ankle earlier this week.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)