Mar 6, 2013, 8:09 PM EDT
Amid the news that Mark Teixeira will miss 8-10 weeks with a strained tendon in his right wrist, Yankees general manager Brian Cashman acknowledged late this afternoon that the alternatives in the corner infield market aren’t particularly strong. And he did so in an interesting way.
That’s a pretty sick burn, especially for folks like Aubrey Huff and Carlos Lee, who are still looking for jobs. Hey, at least Cashman can blame the pain medication from his broken fibula/ankle earlier this week.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)