Mar 6, 2013, 7:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the deal is done.
Grant seems to suggest that Lowe will make the Opening Day pitching staff, although it’s hard to imagine why that would be guaranteed for a 40-year-old coming off back-to-back seasons with an ERA above 5.00.
Lowe could start or relieve, and if he does make the team out of spring training he’d presumably be keeping a spot warm until Colby Lewis and/or Martin Perez get healthy. Last season for the Braves and Indians he posted a 5.11 ERA in 143 innings with a .321 opponents’ batting average and nearly as many walks (51) as strikeouts (55).
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)