Mar 6, 2013, 7:26 PM EST
UPDATE: Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News reports that the deal is done.
Grant seems to suggest that Lowe will make the Opening Day pitching staff, although it’s hard to imagine why that would be guaranteed for a 40-year-old coming off back-to-back seasons with an ERA above 5.00.
Lowe could start or relieve, and if he does make the team out of spring training he’d presumably be keeping a spot warm until Colby Lewis and/or Martin Perez get healthy. Last season for the Braves and Indians he posted a 5.11 ERA in 143 innings with a .321 opponents’ batting average and nearly as many walks (51) as strikeouts (55).
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 130
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 21
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 258
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (258)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)