Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Breslow, who avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by signing a two-year, $6.25 million deal in January, has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after complaining of shoulder problems in late February.
Last season between Arizona and Boston the 32-year-old left-hander threw 63 innings with a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio, and Breslow has a 3.00 career ERA in 358 appearances.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)