Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Breslow, who avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by signing a two-year, $6.25 million deal in January, has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after complaining of shoulder problems in late February.
Last season between Arizona and Boston the 32-year-old left-hander threw 63 innings with a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio, and Breslow has a 3.00 career ERA in 358 appearances.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)