Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Breslow, who avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by signing a two-year, $6.25 million deal in January, has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after complaining of shoulder problems in late February.
Last season between Arizona and Boston the 32-year-old left-hander threw 63 innings with a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio, and Breslow has a 3.00 career ERA in 358 appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 64
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (98)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)