Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Breslow, who avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by signing a two-year, $6.25 million deal in January, has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after complaining of shoulder problems in late February.
Last season between Arizona and Boston the 32-year-old left-hander threw 63 innings with a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio, and Breslow has a 3.00 career ERA in 358 appearances.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)