Mar 7, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Breslow, who avoided arbitration with the Red Sox by signing a two-year, $6.25 million deal in January, has yet to appear in a Grapefruit League game after complaining of shoulder problems in late February.
Last season between Arizona and Boston the 32-year-old left-hander threw 63 innings with a 2.70 ERA and 61/22 K/BB ratio, and Breslow has a 3.00 career ERA in 358 appearances.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 2
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 15
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 43
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 32
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)