Mar 7, 2013, 1:18 PM EST
As if the Yankees didn’t already have enough health issues wrecking their roster now setup man David Robertson is sidelined by shoulder stiffness.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Robertson’s scheduled appearance Tuesday night was canceled when he had trouble getting warmed up, with the right-hander explaining that he slept on his arm funny the night before.
According to Robertson he’d be available out of the bullpen if this were the regular season, but obviously the Yankees will be keeping an eye on him.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)