Mar 7, 2013, 10:37 PM EST
Young’s agent, Joel Wolfe, told FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal that Young completed his community service in Manhattan during the month of January. Young’s tasks included “sweeping leaves” and “picking up trash” around different parts of the city.
Young, who shouted an anti-Semitic slur at a man and then pushed him to the ground while intoxicated, also paid a visit to the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles. The hate crime charge will be vacated at his next court hearing on May 13 as long as he doesn’t get into any legal trouble between now and then.
“The entire experience changed his life,” Wolfe told Rosenthal on Thursday evening.
Young signed a one-year, $750,000 free agent contract with the Phillies this offseason. He underwent ankle surgery in November and is not expected to join Philadelphia’s starting lineup until late April or May.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)