Mar 7, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
This year he’ll draw the Opening Day assignment, manager Mike Redmond announced this afternoon.
Nolasco also started Opening Day for the Marlins in 2009, but back then he was coming off a season in which he went 15-8 with a 3.52 ERA in 212 innings. Now he’s coming off a four-season stretch with ERAs of 4.48, 4.67, 4.51, and 5.08.
Of course, it’s not like the Marlins have anyone better.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)