Mar 7, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Walking around the concourse I came across this fellow:
Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone express their feelings for Jonathan Lucroy so strongly, but Brian from New Berlin, Wisconsin is doing it.
There’s a lot of Wisconsin here. Indeed, I’ll say that Maryvale is probably tied with Scottsdale for the Cactus League Park which apes the feel of the home park the closest. Hohokam does it for the Cubs too.
No, this isn’t Milwaukee, Scottsdale isn’t San Francisco and Mesa isn’t Chicago. But there is some local character down in those teams’ desert homes, the likes you don’t see in a lot of the newer places.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 30
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 8
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)