Mar 7, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Walking around the concourse I came across this fellow:
Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone express their feelings for Jonathan Lucroy so strongly, but Brian from New Berlin, Wisconsin is doing it.
There’s a lot of Wisconsin here. Indeed, I’ll say that Maryvale is probably tied with Scottsdale for the Cactus League Park which apes the feel of the home park the closest. Hohokam does it for the Cubs too.
No, this isn’t Milwaukee, Scottsdale isn’t San Francisco and Mesa isn’t Chicago. But there is some local character down in those teams’ desert homes, the likes you don’t see in a lot of the newer places.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 72
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)