Mar 7, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT

Walking around the concourse I came across this fellow:

source:

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone express their feelings for Jonathan Lucroy so strongly, but Brian from New Berlin, Wisconsin is doing it.

There’s a lot of Wisconsin here. Indeed, I’ll say that Maryvale is probably tied with Scottsdale for the Cactus League Park which apes the feel of the home park the closest. Hohokam does it for the Cubs too.

No, this isn’t Milwaukee, Scottsdale isn’t San Francisco and Mesa isn’t Chicago. But there is some local character down in those teams’ desert homes, the likes you don’t see in a lot of the newer places.

1. stairwayto7 - Mar 7, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Fruit in his beer? He is NOT from Wisconsin!

• hk62 - Mar 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Educated Wisconsinites know that Blue Moon is a Miller-Coors product (now marketed by the same division that markets Liney’s!) and that on a hot a afternoon, if you go with that wheat, its better with a slice of orange. The fact that he sprung for the Blue Moon mark up is the real shocker.

• cebig - Mar 7, 2013 at 3:56 PM

In Wisconsin we drink our booze on the rocks and our beer….. well we drink any and everything available, but I’ve never seen anyone with fruit in their beer. That just isn’t right.

• kopy - Mar 7, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I love Honey Weiss. Thanks to Miller/Coors, the rest of the country loves Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss too. The problem is that the rest of the country doesn’t realize a slice of lemon in a Honey Weiss should be on request, or prompted by the bartender, instead of assumed.

What I’m trying to say is, sometimes you get the fruit you don’t want, and it’s not worth sticking your fingers in your beer.

• kopy - Mar 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Or, he hasn’t stuck his fingers in his beer yet. Looks like a fresh one. It’s not Honey Weiss, but that doesn’t matter.

The picture just loaded for me.

2. chacochicken - Mar 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM

What, no “Ask me about my action figure collection”?

3. darthicarus - Mar 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Finely groomed facial hair, pinstriped off-centered Brewers logo hat, orange in his beer, Lucroy/Homeboy t-shirt….this guy is all over the place.

• seahawks19081 - Mar 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

He is a true hipster.

4. heyblueyoustink - Mar 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM

The child of John Smoltz?

5. historiophiliac - Mar 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Yeah, but, Craig, what did the old man have to say?

• 4d3fect - Mar 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM

What s/he said.

6. trevorkr85 - Mar 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I am from New Berlin, WI and actually went to high school with this guy. Small world!

• vlock1 - Mar 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

That guy’s facial hair is perfect

7. xxakshunxx - Mar 7, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I don’t get whats so clever about the t-shirt other than it’s a rip off of another popular shirt? I’ve seen people in San Fran, LA, NY, Philly actually put thought into their ideas

8. dallasstars9 - Mar 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Miller, Coors….. You people don’t know anything about beer. Come out to Portland, Oregon some time and see what beer is all about!

9. greej1938l - Mar 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM

LoL @Dallas come to portland? hahahaha wisconsins beer and cheese. that simple. you wont win the beer debate….just like cali has no chance with the cheese debate

10. 11thstreetmafia - Mar 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

This guy looks like a total doucher. I don’t know what’s worse, the Casio digital watch with black baller band combo or the smugness of his smile right before he takes a sip of his rich boy beer that his sugar daddy just bought him. Hey, isn’t this guy an extra in all of those Jay and Silent Bob movies?

Alex Gordon, MVP candidate