Mar 7, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Walking around the concourse I came across this fellow:
Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone express their feelings for Jonathan Lucroy so strongly, but Brian from New Berlin, Wisconsin is doing it.
There’s a lot of Wisconsin here. Indeed, I’ll say that Maryvale is probably tied with Scottsdale for the Cactus League Park which apes the feel of the home park the closest. Hohokam does it for the Cubs too.
No, this isn’t Milwaukee, Scottsdale isn’t San Francisco and Mesa isn’t Chicago. But there is some local character down in those teams’ desert homes, the likes you don’t see in a lot of the newer places.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)