Mar 7, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT
Walking around the concourse I came across this fellow:
Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone express their feelings for Jonathan Lucroy so strongly, but Brian from New Berlin, Wisconsin is doing it.
There’s a lot of Wisconsin here. Indeed, I’ll say that Maryvale is probably tied with Scottsdale for the Cactus League Park which apes the feel of the home park the closest. Hohokam does it for the Cubs too.
No, this isn’t Milwaukee, Scottsdale isn’t San Francisco and Mesa isn’t Chicago. But there is some local character down in those teams’ desert homes, the likes you don’t see in a lot of the newer places.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 5
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 26
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 206
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (206)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)