Mar 7, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports that Diamondbacks outfielder Tony Campana suffered a lacerated left hand Thursday while trying to steal second base during a Cactus League game against the Brewers and wound up needing eight stitches.
Campana will likely be held out of baseball activities for the next several days while the laceration heals.
The 26-year-old speedster was acquired from the Cubs this offseason in exchange for minor league right-handers Erick Leal and Jesus Castillo. He boasts 54 stolen bases in 59 career attempts and is currently in the running for a spot on Arizona’s bench.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)