Mar 7, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
We recently talked about Amway putting in a store at Citi Field. Howard Megdal, the man who first reported that development, took a tour of the place and wrote it up for Sports on Earth. And he had an epiphany:
I think I know why the connection has resonated so much … Both the devotees of the New York Mets and Amway are being asked to believe in a product, a present, a future, without very much data to support it.
It’s a good writeup, especially if like me you’re skeptical of the Mets and/or multi-tiered marketing or whatever pyramid schemes call themselves to make it seem like they’re pyramid schemes.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)