Mar 7, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
We recently talked about Amway putting in a store at Citi Field. Howard Megdal, the man who first reported that development, took a tour of the place and wrote it up for Sports on Earth. And he had an epiphany:
I think I know why the connection has resonated so much … Both the devotees of the New York Mets and Amway are being asked to believe in a product, a present, a future, without very much data to support it.
It’s a good writeup, especially if like me you’re skeptical of the Mets and/or multi-tiered marketing or whatever pyramid schemes call themselves to make it seem like they’re pyramid schemes.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 63
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)