Mar 7, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
We recently talked about Amway putting in a store at Citi Field. Howard Megdal, the man who first reported that development, took a tour of the place and wrote it up for Sports on Earth. And he had an epiphany:
I think I know why the connection has resonated so much … Both the devotees of the New York Mets and Amway are being asked to believe in a product, a present, a future, without very much data to support it.
It’s a good writeup, especially if like me you’re skeptical of the Mets and/or multi-tiered marketing or whatever pyramid schemes call themselves to make it seem like they’re pyramid schemes.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105