Mar 7, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
We recently talked about Amway putting in a store at Citi Field. Howard Megdal, the man who first reported that development, took a tour of the place and wrote it up for Sports on Earth. And he had an epiphany:
I think I know why the connection has resonated so much … Both the devotees of the New York Mets and Amway are being asked to believe in a product, a present, a future, without very much data to support it.
It’s a good writeup, especially if like me you’re skeptical of the Mets and/or multi-tiered marketing or whatever pyramid schemes call themselves to make it seem like they’re pyramid schemes.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims