Mar 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
I’m extremely remorseful. It’s an internal matter that’s going on right now. I’m sorry for the negativity that I brought, but that’s about all I can say right now. I’d really rather not say anything else.
Obviously it’d be nice for Britton to apologize for the actual behavior, rather than “the negativity that I brought” due to the behavior, but considering the legal implications that was never going to happen.
Shortly after the arrest the Red Sox optioned Britton to Double-A and reassigned him to minor league camp. In addition to the DUI he was also charged with reckless driving and property damage for allegedly hopping a curb and driving through a barbwire fence into the woods, but as usual because there were no performance-enhancing drugs involved there won’t be an MLB-issued suspension of any kind.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)