Mar 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
I’m extremely remorseful. It’s an internal matter that’s going on right now. I’m sorry for the negativity that I brought, but that’s about all I can say right now. I’d really rather not say anything else.
Obviously it’d be nice for Britton to apologize for the actual behavior, rather than “the negativity that I brought” due to the behavior, but considering the legal implications that was never going to happen.
Shortly after the arrest the Red Sox optioned Britton to Double-A and reassigned him to minor league camp. In addition to the DUI he was also charged with reckless driving and property damage for allegedly hopping a curb and driving through a barbwire fence into the woods, but as usual because there were no performance-enhancing drugs involved there won’t be an MLB-issued suspension of any kind.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)