Mar 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EST
I’m extremely remorseful. It’s an internal matter that’s going on right now. I’m sorry for the negativity that I brought, but that’s about all I can say right now. I’d really rather not say anything else.
Obviously it’d be nice for Britton to apologize for the actual behavior, rather than “the negativity that I brought” due to the behavior, but considering the legal implications that was never going to happen.
Shortly after the arrest the Red Sox optioned Britton to Double-A and reassigned him to minor league camp. In addition to the DUI he was also charged with reckless driving and property damage for allegedly hopping a curb and driving through a barbwire fence into the woods, but as usual because there were no performance-enhancing drugs involved there won’t be an MLB-issued suspension of any kind.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)