Mar 8, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
I’m extremely remorseful. It’s an internal matter that’s going on right now. I’m sorry for the negativity that I brought, but that’s about all I can say right now. I’d really rather not say anything else.
Obviously it’d be nice for Britton to apologize for the actual behavior, rather than “the negativity that I brought” due to the behavior, but considering the legal implications that was never going to happen.
Shortly after the arrest the Red Sox optioned Britton to Double-A and reassigned him to minor league camp. In addition to the DUI he was also charged with reckless driving and property damage for allegedly hopping a curb and driving through a barbwire fence into the woods, but as usual because there were no performance-enhancing drugs involved there won’t be an MLB-issued suspension of any kind.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)