Mar 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
It’s still raining in the desert and most teams here have cancelled morning workouts. I figure it’s just a matter of time before they bang the games too, so I’m sort of in a holding pattern, trying to figure out how to spend my day. I may go to the Italy-Canada WBC game, which is under the roof at Chase Field. I don’t know. The only set plan is USA-Mexico this evening.
In the meantime I’m eating tasty stuff in one of the best joints in all of Phoenix and reading basebally things. Here’s a basebally thing: an interview with me about all of the Cactus League parks over at ParkGrades.com. Stuff like:
Question about Phoenix Municipal Stadium - Phoenix Muni is the oldest of the Cactus League Stadiums, and you’ve described as “how the Soviets would build their stadiums if they had the good sense to like baseball.” My question to you: how would the Soviets have built their rosters if they had they good sense to like baseball?Craig: Probably a lot of corner guys. First basemen with pop but not good glove work. Power first. A lot of Ivan Drago types. I say that under the assumption that it’s still OK to make fun of Soviets. If not, I apologize if I have offended any Soviets.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?