Mar 8, 2013, 9:10 PM EDT
There have been some unusual injuries suffered by baseball players over the years. Sammy Sosa’s sneeze. Dave Hollins and the spider bites. Clint Barmes and deer meat. Jeff Kent and his truck. Add one more to the list.
Via Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Cardinals lefty reliever Marc Rzepczynski was injured when a golf ball ricocheted and struck him near the left eye. He will miss his scheduled outing tomorrow against the Marlins and could be out for a week as the team investigates the severity of the injury.
Rzepczynski posted a 4.24 ERA in 46.2 innings last season, pitching mostly in the seventh and eighth innings.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)