Mar 8, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Team USA, playing in Pool D, is off to a disappointing start in the World Baseball Classic. Starter R.A. Dickey led off the game allowing a single to Eduardo Arrendondo and a double to Ramiro Pena. Both would quickly score on a Luis Cruz sacrifice fly and Adrian Gonzalez ground out. In the third, Arrendondo led off with a single again and was plated when Adrian Gonzalez homered to center field. Dickey’s night ended after the fourth inning with a total of 38 pitches.
USA got on the board in the bottom of the fourth when Jimmy Rollins led off with a single, advanced to second on a one-out walk by Ryan Braun (chasing Mexico starter Yovani Gallardo in the process), and scored on a David Wright single to right.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 65
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)