Mar 8, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Team USA, playing in Pool D, is off to a disappointing start in the World Baseball Classic. Starter R.A. Dickey led off the game allowing a single to Eduardo Arrendondo and a double to Ramiro Pena. Both would quickly score on a Luis Cruz sacrifice fly and Adrian Gonzalez ground out. In the third, Arrendondo led off with a single again and was plated when Adrian Gonzalez homered to center field. Dickey’s night ended after the fourth inning with a total of 38 pitches.
USA got on the board in the bottom of the fourth when Jimmy Rollins led off with a single, advanced to second on a one-out walk by Ryan Braun (chasing Mexico starter Yovani Gallardo in the process), and scored on a David Wright single to right.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)