Mar 8, 2013, 10:36 PM EDT
Team USA, playing in Pool D, is off to a disappointing start in the World Baseball Classic. Starter R.A. Dickey led off the game allowing a single to Eduardo Arrendondo and a double to Ramiro Pena. Both would quickly score on a Luis Cruz sacrifice fly and Adrian Gonzalez ground out. In the third, Arrendondo led off with a single again and was plated when Adrian Gonzalez homered to center field. Dickey’s night ended after the fourth inning with a total of 38 pitches.
USA got on the board in the bottom of the fourth when Jimmy Rollins led off with a single, advanced to second on a one-out walk by Ryan Braun (chasing Mexico starter Yovani Gallardo in the process), and scored on a David Wright single to right.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)