Mar 8, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
It’s raining here in the desert. Big rain, coming down in sheets. It’s quite odd to see, frankly. And more importantly, there’s a good chance it’s going to royally frak up today’s Cactus League schedule.
But, if you have tickets to see some Arizona action today, you have an option:
With the forecast in Arizona looking ominous, those holding a ticket to one of Friday’s Cactus League games will have the opportunity to purchase a $5 ticket to a World Baseball Classic contest instead. To take advantage of the offer, bring tickets for rained-out games to the box office at Phoenix’s Chase Field.
You could probably get good tickets to Italy-Canada at noon Mountain time. I’m assuming that if you get USA-Mexico tickets for 7pm they’d be in the nosebleeds, because a lot of people are going to that already.
Still: even if it pours all day, you’ll get a chance to see some baseball under the roof at Chase Field.
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 1
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)