Mar 8, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
It’s raining here in the desert. Big rain, coming down in sheets. It’s quite odd to see, frankly. And more importantly, there’s a good chance it’s going to royally frak up today’s Cactus League schedule.
But, if you have tickets to see some Arizona action today, you have an option:
With the forecast in Arizona looking ominous, those holding a ticket to one of Friday’s Cactus League games will have the opportunity to purchase a $5 ticket to a World Baseball Classic contest instead. To take advantage of the offer, bring tickets for rained-out games to the box office at Phoenix’s Chase Field.
You could probably get good tickets to Italy-Canada at noon Mountain time. I’m assuming that if you get USA-Mexico tickets for 7pm they’d be in the nosebleeds, because a lot of people are going to that already.
Still: even if it pours all day, you’ll get a chance to see some baseball under the roof at Chase Field.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (78)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)