Mar 8, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
It’s raining here in the desert. Big rain, coming down in sheets. It’s quite odd to see, frankly. And more importantly, there’s a good chance it’s going to royally frak up today’s Cactus League schedule.
But, if you have tickets to see some Arizona action today, you have an option:
With the forecast in Arizona looking ominous, those holding a ticket to one of Friday’s Cactus League games will have the opportunity to purchase a $5 ticket to a World Baseball Classic contest instead. To take advantage of the offer, bring tickets for rained-out games to the box office at Phoenix’s Chase Field.
You could probably get good tickets to Italy-Canada at noon Mountain time. I’m assuming that if you get USA-Mexico tickets for 7pm they’d be in the nosebleeds, because a lot of people are going to that already.
Still: even if it pours all day, you’ll get a chance to see some baseball under the roof at Chase Field.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)