Mar 8, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
It’s raining here in the desert. Big rain, coming down in sheets. It’s quite odd to see, frankly. And more importantly, there’s a good chance it’s going to royally frak up today’s Cactus League schedule.
But, if you have tickets to see some Arizona action today, you have an option:
With the forecast in Arizona looking ominous, those holding a ticket to one of Friday’s Cactus League games will have the opportunity to purchase a $5 ticket to a World Baseball Classic contest instead. To take advantage of the offer, bring tickets for rained-out games to the box office at Phoenix’s Chase Field.
You could probably get good tickets to Italy-Canada at noon Mountain time. I’m assuming that if you get USA-Mexico tickets for 7pm they’d be in the nosebleeds, because a lot of people are going to that already.
Still: even if it pours all day, you’ll get a chance to see some baseball under the roof at Chase Field.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 11
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 64
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 48
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)