Mar 8, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
It’s raining here in the desert. Big rain, coming down in sheets. It’s quite odd to see, frankly. And more importantly, there’s a good chance it’s going to royally frak up today’s Cactus League schedule.
But, if you have tickets to see some Arizona action today, you have an option:
With the forecast in Arizona looking ominous, those holding a ticket to one of Friday’s Cactus League games will have the opportunity to purchase a $5 ticket to a World Baseball Classic contest instead. To take advantage of the offer, bring tickets for rained-out games to the box office at Phoenix’s Chase Field.
You could probably get good tickets to Italy-Canada at noon Mountain time. I’m assuming that if you get USA-Mexico tickets for 7pm they’d be in the nosebleeds, because a lot of people are going to that already.
Still: even if it pours all day, you’ll get a chance to see some baseball under the roof at Chase Field.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11