Mar 8, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It might prove to be a minor thing, but Davis hasn’t started a game since September of 2011 (and was never particularly effective as a starter anyway) and spent time on the disabled list with shoulder problems in 2010.
Davis, who was acquired from the Rays as part of the big James Shields-Wil Myers swap, has a 4.22 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 64 career starts compared to a 2.43 ERA and 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 54 career relief appearances.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (99)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)