Mar 8, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It might prove to be a minor thing, but Davis hasn’t started a game since September of 2011 (and was never particularly effective as a starter anyway) and spent time on the disabled list with shoulder problems in 2010.
Davis, who was acquired from the Rays as part of the big James Shields-Wil Myers swap, has a 4.22 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 64 career starts compared to a 2.43 ERA and 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 54 career relief appearances.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)