Mar 8, 2013, 5:25 PM EDT
It might prove to be a minor thing, but Davis hasn’t started a game since September of 2011 (and was never particularly effective as a starter anyway) and spent time on the disabled list with shoulder problems in 2010.
Davis, who was acquired from the Rays as part of the big James Shields-Wil Myers swap, has a 4.22 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings in 64 career starts compared to a 2.43 ERA and 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings in 54 career relief appearances.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)