Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison has been scratched from his scheduled Cactus League start against the Padres today due to inflammation of a toe on his left foot.
Harrison felt the inflammation during his most recent bullpen session and will likely be sent back to Dallas for further tests. No word yet on when he’ll return to the Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison, 27, is 32-20 with a 3.34 ERA over the past two seasons. After finishing eighth in the American League Cy Young balloting last year, he agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension with the Rangers in January.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)