Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison has been scratched from his scheduled Cactus League start against the Padres today due to inflammation of a toe on his left foot.
Harrison felt the inflammation during his most recent bullpen session and will likely be sent back to Dallas for further tests. No word yet on when he’ll return to the Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison, 27, is 32-20 with a 3.34 ERA over the past two seasons. After finishing eighth in the American League Cy Young balloting last year, he agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension with the Rangers in January.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)