Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison has been scratched from his scheduled Cactus League start against the Padres today due to inflammation of a toe on his left foot.
Harrison felt the inflammation during his most recent bullpen session and will likely be sent back to Dallas for further tests. No word yet on when he’ll return to the Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison, 27, is 32-20 with a 3.34 ERA over the past two seasons. After finishing eighth in the American League Cy Young balloting last year, he agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension with the Rangers in January.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 22
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)