Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison has been scratched from his scheduled Cactus League start against the Padres today due to inflammation of a toe on his left foot.
Harrison felt the inflammation during his most recent bullpen session and will likely be sent back to Dallas for further tests. No word yet on when he’ll return to the Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison, 27, is 32-20 with a 3.34 ERA over the past two seasons. After finishing eighth in the American League Cy Young balloting last year, he agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension with the Rangers in January.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)