Mar 9, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison has been scratched from his scheduled Cactus League start against the Padres today due to inflammation of a toe on his left foot.
Harrison felt the inflammation during his most recent bullpen session and will likely be sent back to Dallas for further tests. No word yet on when he’ll return to the Rangers’ rotation.
Harrison, 27, is 32-20 with a 3.34 ERA over the past two seasons. After finishing eighth in the American League Cy Young balloting last year, he agreed to a five-year, $55 million extension with the Rangers in January.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)