Mar 10, 2013, 3:35 PM EDT
According to Brewers senior director of media relations Mike Vassallo, the 36-year-old right-hander was given his unconditional release this morning in Brewers camp, presumably because the nerve impingement hasn’t shown any sign of improvement.
Escobar made only one appearance in the Cactus League for the Brewers, yielding one earned run on two walks and a hit-by-pitch over just two-thirds of an inning. He signed a minor league contract with Milwaukee in mid-January after a good showing in the Venezuelan Winter League.
The 36-year-old has pitched in one major league game since the end of the 2007 season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)