Mar 10, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Yes, a tricycle — you read that right. Todd Zolecki recounts the accident:
The Houston Astros had a mid-inning tricycle race between two men, who pedaled from the home dugout down the third-base line past the visitors’ dugout down the first-base line. One of the contestants steered his tricycle smack into Manuel, who was seated on the warning track between pitching coach Rich Dubee and catching coach Mick Billmeyer.
Billmeyer and Dubee nearly collapsed from laughing.
The contestant has yet to confirm he wasn’t secretly paid by the Nationals and Braves to take Manuel out.
Manuel jokingly added that his pitching coach displayed cowardice. He said, “Dubee was supposed to stop him there, isn’t he? He’s supposed to save me. He let me get run over.”
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)