Mar 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for this evening’s World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Canada. First pitch is scheduled for just after 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be broadcast on MLB Network.
TEAM USA TEAM CANADA 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Tyson Gillies, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Taylor Green, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, DH 3. Joey Votto, 1B 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Justin Morneau, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Michael Saunders, RF 6. Ben Zobrist, RF 6. Chris Robinson, C 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Adam Loewen, LF 8. Eric Hosmer, 1B 8. Pete Orr, 2B 9. Shane Victorino, LF 9. Cale Iorg, SS SP Derek Holland, LH SP Jameson Taillon, RH
Team USA manager Joe Torre is sitting Giancarlo Stanton, who doesn’t have a hit yet in the 2013 WBC but is obviously one of the premier sluggers in the sport. Zobrist will start in right field in Stanton’s place.
Team Canada is using the same lineup that nailed down a 10-3 win over Mexico on Saturday afternoon.
The winning country will advance out of Pool D along with Team Italy. The loser goes … back to camp.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (115)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)