Mar 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
Below are the starting lineups for this evening’s World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Canada. First pitch is scheduled for just after 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be broadcast on MLB Network.
TEAM USA TEAM CANADA 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Tyson Gillies, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Taylor Green, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, DH 3. Joey Votto, 1B 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Justin Morneau, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Michael Saunders, RF 6. Ben Zobrist, RF 6. Chris Robinson, C 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Adam Loewen, LF 8. Eric Hosmer, 1B 8. Pete Orr, 2B 9. Shane Victorino, LF 9. Cale Iorg, SS SP Derek Holland, LH SP Jameson Taillon, RH
Team USA manager Joe Torre is sitting Giancarlo Stanton, who doesn’t have a hit yet in the 2013 WBC but is obviously one of the premier sluggers in the sport. Zobrist will start in right field in Stanton’s place.
Team Canada is using the same lineup that nailed down a 10-3 win over Mexico on Saturday afternoon.
The winning country will advance out of Pool D along with Team Italy. The loser goes … back to camp.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (86)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)