Mar 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
Below are the starting lineups for this evening’s World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Canada. First pitch is scheduled for just after 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be broadcast on MLB Network.
TEAM USA TEAM CANADA 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Tyson Gillies, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Taylor Green, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, DH 3. Joey Votto, 1B 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Justin Morneau, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Michael Saunders, RF 6. Ben Zobrist, RF 6. Chris Robinson, C 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Adam Loewen, LF 8. Eric Hosmer, 1B 8. Pete Orr, 2B 9. Shane Victorino, LF 9. Cale Iorg, SS SP Derek Holland, LH SP Jameson Taillon, RH
Team USA manager Joe Torre is sitting Giancarlo Stanton, who doesn’t have a hit yet in the 2013 WBC but is obviously one of the premier sluggers in the sport. Zobrist will start in right field in Stanton’s place.
Team Canada is using the same lineup that nailed down a 10-3 win over Mexico on Saturday afternoon.
The winning country will advance out of Pool D along with Team Italy. The loser goes … back to camp.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)