Mar 10, 2013, 2:47 PM EDT
Below are the starting lineups for this evening’s World Baseball Classic game between Team USA and Team Canada. First pitch is scheduled for just after 4:00 p.m. ET. It will be broadcast on MLB Network.
TEAM USA TEAM CANADA 1. Jimmy Rollins, SS 1. Tyson Gillies, CF 2. Brandon Phillips, 2B 2. Taylor Green, 3B 3. Ryan Braun, DH 3. Joey Votto, 1B 4. Joe Mauer, C 4. Justin Morneau, DH 5. David Wright, 3B 5. Michael Saunders, RF 6. Ben Zobrist, RF 6. Chris Robinson, C 7. Adam Jones, CF 7. Adam Loewen, LF 8. Eric Hosmer, 1B 8. Pete Orr, 2B 9. Shane Victorino, LF 9. Cale Iorg, SS SP Derek Holland, LH SP Jameson Taillon, RH
Team USA manager Joe Torre is sitting Giancarlo Stanton, who doesn’t have a hit yet in the 2013 WBC but is obviously one of the premier sluggers in the sport. Zobrist will start in right field in Stanton’s place.
Team Canada is using the same lineup that nailed down a 10-3 win over Mexico on Saturday afternoon.
The winning country will advance out of Pool D along with Team Italy. The loser goes … back to camp.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 56
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)